Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Paris Insider Shopping Secret


There is absolutely nothing like the euphoria you get when you find that one of a kind pair of Jimmy Choo's just waiting for you. What about the vintage-inspired handbag that you stumble upon at a boutique that nobody knows about.

It's no secret that I absolutely love shopping in Paris for antiques, designer goods and vintage items. But with the dollar being so weak year after year, I decided to seek out a designer resale shop that I was told houses the likes of Chanel hangbags, Louis Vuitton totes and Hermès scarves. It's a slice of heaven hidden on a medival-like Parisian street in the wealthy 16th arrondissement called Dèpot-Vente De Passy. It's a wonderful overstock and resale shop offering great buys from top designers. Only shopping-insiders know about this little gem. You just never know what you'll find. I've discovered great gently used handbags like YSL and Louis Vuitton for a fraction of the orignal retail price. Whenever I'm in Paris... this is my first stop!

Do you have a favorite shopping spot in Paris? Would you shop for secondhand chic?


WIN A FREE TRIP TO PARIS http://experienceparisienne.com/contest/