Sunday, August 1, 2010

Haute Beauty Tips: Defying the Aging Process

No matter where I go… people don’t believe that I’m over 40. I know… I don’t look it. But really, what does 40 look like these days? I was just in Mexico for a full body detox and the spa director at Ceiba del Mar nearly fell over when I told her that I was older than she thought! 

While so many forty-somethings are looking to Botox and plastic surgery for the answer to staying young. I’ve discovered my own fountain of youth. My secret to defying the aging process goes beyond travel and sampling beauty treatments and rituals around the world. It’s all about a positive attitude coupled with a lifestyle that’s full of cheerleaders who challenge me to dream bigger!

Sure, my body is changing and I may be a little closer to menopause. But I don’t fight it! I love being in my forties… I’ve never felt better. In fact, I honestly feel that I’m better than ever just like my mom. Although, I don’t drink alcohol or coffee, I do drink tea often for its antioxidant properties.

During my full body evaluation, I learned that I’m really ahead of the game and it shows. What’s elusive to many people comes natural to me. And I’m sure some of it has to do with having great genes!

Here are my 10 haute tips to a more beautiful you no matter your age:

1. Follow your passion and surround yourself with people who inspire, motivate and encourage you to grow beyond where you are today.

2. Don’t sweat the small stuff and remember in the big scheme of things… it’s all small stuff! Remember the serenity prayer.

3. Take care of your body… drink plenty of water and get enough sleep so that your body can recharge at rest.

4. Know your limits… do what works for you and let go of stress. When someone takes you on an emotional rollercoaster… remember it’s your choice to ride.

5. Indulge in wellness practices… a great massage will do wonders! Yoga is Haute!

6. Stay positive even when things are not going well… the tide always shifts!

7. Keep your beauty routine simple… be sure to wash your face twice a day to keep your pores free of impurities. And don’t forget to replenish the moisture in your skin.

8. Use sunscreen… I wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen daily. And look no wrinkles!

9. Use organic products like shampoos and conditioners to maintain healthier hair. You will literally see and feel the difference.

10. Fill your life with experiences that bring you to your highest happiness and not things that fail to bring you joy!

What goes on inside your body always shows on the outside. Be fearless and life will treat you well.

What's your anti-aging beauty secret?