Monday, October 21, 2013
Early Oscar contenders?
Not much going on so far this week. A few of my friends have started an Oscar pool. Here's what they come up with so far.
- Tom Hanks for Captain Phillips
- Robert Redford for All Is Lost
- Bruce Dern for Nebraska (not out yet)
- Chiwetal Ejiofor for 12 Years A Slave
- To add later.
- Kate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine
- Sandra Bullock for... what else... Gravity.
Hard to figure out the women's year so far. Maybe Jane Fonda for playing Nancy Reagan in "The Butler" (which would drive Republicans crazy). Other than that it's anybody's guess.
12 Years A Slave
Jasmine (maybe, if they still like Woody)
Gravity (they gave awards to huge movies like Titanic and Avatar?)
Inside Llewyn Davis (Upcoming Coen Brothers movie about folk music in NY in the 60's.)
Apart from that, there's still a lot of the oscar-type movies coming up.