Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to L.A.

Finally made it back to LA, one 13 hour drive from Chehalis, Oregon all the way through California and made it to go0d old Sherman Oaks by 8pm. It's time to start over, my mom has gone, I met a lot of old friends and made some new ones on my 8000 mile journey (yes, 8000 miles on the old Explorer), saw sadness, joy, cynicism, hope and so much more. A life-affirming voyage.

But what's that got to do with movies?

MOVIES.

My life blood since I was 8 years old and able to walk two blocks to the movie theater in my little village of 500 people. Starting Monday I will get back to what I do best (besides epic roadtrips), and that is not only writing about movies, but beginning the impossible task of trying to make at least two in the next year, one maybe as early as October.

Then there's the Christmas movie.

I won't be making it, but I did write it and I think it begins production sometime soon.

So I hope all of you will join me yet once again on this journey of discovery as ScreenWriter magazine described; "each excruciating step."

We begin Monday.