Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Midnight Dinner Party is Haute!

A late night dinner party hosted by Atlanta Attorney Dan Meachum and Ludacris was held at the entertainer’s Midtown restaurant Straits. Several dozen Atlantans including the mayor and Congressman John Lewis turned out to recognize the contributions of civil rights heroes.
The dinner menu consisted of six appetizers and starters including spare ribs, chicken lollipops, calamari and crispy wantons. When the main course came out it blew me away. Filet mignon, Origami sea bass and lobster tails along with lemon grass chicken were all amazing.


By the time, the Georgia Peach and Empire State Cheese Cake came out… I had to get it to go! I couldn’t eat another thing so Ludacris’ mom Roberta made sure that I had my dessert box in hand as I walked out the door around 2 AM!

Straits is a Singaporean Restaurant with a sophisticated look and feel. It’s become a local fave among select entertainers and local celebrities in the ATL.

Do you have a favorite restaurant?

Photo Credit: Paras Griffin's Photo of Dinner Party