Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Haute Hair: My Inner Grace Kelly

Beauty icon Princess Grace Kelly exuded glamour, style and elegance. So it’s no wonder why I’ve always been a fan and decided to channel my inner Kelly with a modern day version of her shoulder-length bob.
To start, you’ll need a simple, just below the shoulder bob that flatters you. In fact, the Kelly style suits most girls with round or long faces.

To get my version of the Princess Grace look… I washed my hair with a keratin shampoo and moisturizing conditioner like Global Keratin’s Juvexin.

I generally blow dry my hair out straight using a rounded brush, lifting from the base to add volume using Oscar Blandi’s Volumizing Spray at the root. It’s easier for me because I have a keratin treatment that protects against frizz and keeps my hair silky straight.

The next step, flat iron to smooth and use medium size rollers turning them under or pin curl your hair over night to get bouncing curls. When you’re satisfied with your curls simply brush your hair enough to style. I also part my hair on the left side just like Kelly.

To finish, I generally use Pureology’s Antifade complex to maintain the shine of my colored-treated hair.

Who is your favorite Hollywood icon?