Sunday, December 26, 2010

Vienna Street Fashion I

We hope you all had a lovely and special Christmas day wherever you are around the world (we have so many awesome international readers from places we've never been)! Our Christmas was kind of lonely in Hong Kong, especially when we skyped with my family during their Christmas Eve dinner and right before they headed to open the gifts under the tree. I was wishing so badly for a teleporter at that moment. No Christmas church service for us. And instead of lounging all day and eating Christmas cookies with our loved ones as we should have, we had to get on a plane to go to Bangkok (tickets were cheaper on Christmas Day... figures). Despite the setbacks, Yuriy and I still had a really special time, just the two of us. And I know this funky Christmas abroad will make next Christmas 2x as good. I'm already looking forward to it and it's an entire year away!

Back to Vienna.

One of the very first things we noticed in Vienna was the winter wear. Fur everywhere. Fur on hats, coats, scarves, boots... you name it. I have never seen so much fur in my life (this was only the beginning though.. the next few European countries all had fur). We noticed that the majority of the fur was on older people who emanated every sense of sophistication and class. I imagine they have daily afternoon tea, a personal butler, and enjoy classical music (by Viennese composers) in their sitting room.

This post is dedicated to the elderly street fashion in Vienna. As bad as it sounds to be in the "elderly" category, these folks sure know how to dress nice. I mean it in a good way. 

Next is a post on the street fashion of younger generations in Vienna, which is far more casual, but just as pulled together.

* Julia